OceansWide is accepting applicants for the 2017 program.
Students will spend three weeks on the coast of Maine nurturing a love and understanding of the ocean and science through hands-on learning and research. More information at www.oceanswide.org.
Who: College students.
Where: Schoodic Institute at Acadia National Park, Winter Harbor, Maine
When: May 7 – 27, 2017
• PADI Basic open water certification (Upon completion of PADI required tasks and course work)
• Participate in the Citizen Science program at Acadia National Park
• Dive to study intertidal and near coastal flora and fauna – study creatures of the sea in their world.
• Participate in the marine debris surveys and recovery.
• Build confidence as a diver with experienced divers, dive masters and instructors
• Maritime and ROV studies including navigation – local maritime history – exploration and much more!